Monday, October 25, 2010

Reunion

I traded these flip flops for -
these high heels that gave me blisters, that make me have to wear flip flops even more.
and I had to hang my back pack up (this one)


so I could wear this (which don't laugh, is even still dated- Bobbi Marie told me)

I went to my 20th reunion. I realized how much of a mom I am. First of all, I had to go find something to wear. Most people in America could just go to their closets and come out with something presentable. So, I went shopping at the local mall, think that was mistake #1. There was a sign that said Club Shirts $12. I went in. Like I was going to a club. Anyways, they were laced up the back or silk was swagging somewhere where I don't think it should be swagging. Didn't have much luck with that store. All I kept thinking was someone was going to have on my Target outfit. Bobby assured me NO ONE would have on my Target outfit. Not sure that was a compliment. The good thing is that my friend was in town from NEW YORK! She was talking to Bobby and then he started making a joke of my clothes. She said send her to me in New York. I think it is a done deal. We will tape our own What Not To Wear Show. I am giddy. Back to the reunion. I was pleasantly surprised about how nice it was. It was great to see long, lost friends and to catch up on kids, family, travel, jobs etc. There is a boy, I mean man, from my class that was on a team that received the Nobel Peace Prize, no lie. Isn't that amazing? Some nuclear, somethin' somethin'. Wow. If I would have known I was supposed to say something big I might not have said that I served 2 plates of Chicken Parm. to Macho Randy Man Travis, the wrestler. Of course, I am not even in the same field with a nobel peace prize! Holy Cow. I graduated with that. I knew we had smarts in our class. Great time seeing everyone.



No comments: