Monday, October 4, 2010

Proverbs a Day

Proverbs 4:25-27 NLT - Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil.

This was part of our Proverbs reading this morning. I love the way this translation says it. It is like the BIG COACH from above is giving us a pep talk. Alright, enough horsin' around. Get movin', do your job, keep your eyes on the prize. What a great reminder! For a couple of months now we have been reading Proverbs every morning during breakfast. It works out great. This is why.....there are 31 chapters in Proverbs. Read 1 chapter a day for each day of the month. There is always something that the Holy Spirit allows us to pick up on and talk about for the rest of the day. God's Living Word. I just love it. By the way, this was not my idea of a Proverbs a day, over and over again. Guess who's idea? Yep, the Duggars. I really should have thought of it first. But I didn't and I really don't care who did, I just am so glad to be doing it. Maybe later I will share some other Bible things we are doing recommended by the Duggars :) A proverbs a day keeps your heart from going astray......

No comments: