Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day

Our Memorial Day picnic.

Charlie trying to get up in the tree.
He just couldn't do it! Poor kid.
This looks horrible, but it was so good. Homemade ice cream pie. In honor of my dad's birthday. The girls and I make something for him, yet we don't sing and it's pretty tough to even bring up his name. We all know who and what it is for. It is understood. I can truly say there is not one day that goes by that I do not think of him. I carry him in my heart. When the kids do something funny or do something to be proud of, I take this mental picture as if I am storing it away to show him in the future. Thinking of him makes things so simple, so easy (priorities, that is). The hard part is then pushing it all down, swallowing real hard so the lump in my throat and heart gets a little smaller. My memories are full.




No comments: