
My father-in-law and Congressman Bill Young.

Dick was served a metal for readiness of war during the Cuban Missile Crisis. His ship was one of the first ones on the scene for the crisis.

Another man (far right) was honored for flying in the Vietnam War.

We gave Dick a book (big book) about the history of the Navy. We actually purchased it from the homeschool convention! Anyways, Congressman Young signed the book for Dick. This local office is an exact replica of his office in Washington. Pretty cool. What a great experience. I loved the opportunity to meet Mr. Young and see his amazing office and staff. He kept rubbing Cooper's head and shaking his hand. We told Cooper that now he is going into government. All that head rubbing was for good luck. Not really, but you know what I mean. Great day. Most importantly, Congrats, Dick! We are so proud of you and even though we give you a hard time about ALL your Navy stories, we do love to hear about it. Like you say, "I learned it in the Navy!"
No comments:
Post a Comment