Acts 24:16 And herein do I exercise myself to have always a conscience void of offense toward God, and toward men.
Your conscience is the eye of the soul which looks out either towards God or towards what it regards as the highest. If I am in the habit of steadily facing myself with God, my conscience will indicate what I should do. God's voice can be so gentle, that it is easy to ignore it. The one thing that keeps the conscience sensitive to Him is the continual habit of being open to God on the inside. When there is any debate, quit. "Why shouldn't I do this?" You are on the wrong track. There is no debate possible when conscience speaks. At your peril, you allow one thing to obscure your inner communion with God. Drop it, whatever it is, and see that you keep your inner vision clear. Clear and focused in on God. - My Utmost For His Highest, Oswald Chambers
I have been praying about some things lately. I try so hard to make things "work out" and for whatever reason it doesn't. I am learning to decipher if I am to wait, or is the answer no! The Lord is good. I know He works patience in me. That is something that I deal with every day, that's for sure. My hardest part is figuring out if I am to be patient or am I to get on another track. God's track. God's will brings peace but sometimes if I talk myself into it, I feel this "temporary peace". At the time, I do not think it is temporary - I think it is the absolute right thing to do! The Bible is our guide and has all the answers, I do know that, it is all the distractions elsewhere and opinions and tons of options, etc . That's what makes things murky, real murky. "There is no debate when conscience speaks". A conscience void of offence towards God.....
No comments:
Post a Comment