Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 2 - Mantle


Poor Uncle Matt. I think this took way longer than expected. He is coming back again today to finish it up. Lots of cuts and more wood. Then we need to putty the holes, sand it, prime it then glossy white paint goes on. Of course, I would love to tile over the brick w/ glass mosaic tile, the men say no way!! I am not sure to paint the fireplace area (it steps out) the dark brown or leave it the wall color. Or even paint the whole family room that chocolate color?? I know the dark color would look great against all the molding but does it stand out like a sore thumb?? Hmmm...any thoughts?? Side note, Cooper is fishing w/ Nan and Pop for 2 days (he is thrilled, early B-day gift) and Charlie gets his staples out today. Pray for baby.......

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love the chocolate brown...I think paint the whole family room - it looks great!!! We have been thinking and praying for Charlie today. Maybe Uncle Matt's Christmas present will be to do the mosaic tiles...3 years later!:)

Unknown said...

wow - it looks really cool! i'm with jill, the whole room... although the "stand out" looks cool, too! how's charlie-baby?