David Barton!!!!!

David Barton from WallBuilders was at our church a couple of weeks ago. What an amazing time it was to hear him speak. I loved it. We missed the cut off for book signing, so we were just sitting outside of the glass doors staring at him. I told the girls to go take a pic of him through the glass windows. One of my favorite people scooted them in the room and right before Mr. Barton left, another one of my favorite people had him pose with the girls. I am wishing I could have gotten a pic with him, BUT am so so happy the girls got to meet him. Look, isn't it grand! I love what he stands for, I love that he has a vision for representing our American History as grounded in God and his "smartness" is just incredible. Truly, how much do our kids know about our founding fathers, how much do they know about what it took to fight, persevere for the rights and freedom that we have today. How much our founding fathers loved God's Word and knew God's Word. It is astounding and yet inspiring. So, because of Mr. Barton's inspiration, we have shifted our history unit a little and have incorporated more of the details about these men. At least for them to hear each signors name, who they were and what they stood for. God Bless America!!!!!!
Some notes:
These men (founding fathers) would pray before their meetings. Not just a quick prayer, but a two hour prayer??!! Wow.
If they had questions arise they would look in the Bible to see what God said about it first!
John Adams wrote a letter to his wife, Abigail, saying that any successes that occurred were a result of prayer and fasting. Then they would meet and give prayer with thanksgiving.
Our society has been accustomed to recognize the least 2 religious signors. Did you know that 29 signers had seminary degrees!
Cool stuff.
I just felt like showing some pics of fourth of July. We really know how to celebrate. Bobby does. (look at Cooper's face in the background)
1 comment:
Did you have your "speed listening" ears on?? That man talks soooo fast!
Post a Comment