Friday, July 17, 2009

Tie-Dye




I survived the tie-dye. Bobbi made tie-dye shirts at art camp and the other kids wanted to try this at home. I just remember being in high school and tie-dying our cheer shirts for camp. I made the inside of my dad's washing machine green. Remember my new washing machine, Lola? I will NOT turn her any sort of color except bright white. The shirts are done. Our hands were stained for the rest of the day but it was all worth it. I think today I will rinse them with cold water, let them dry, then iron them. These are all things I read to help make the dye set. I will do them all. Lots of fun. We bought the shirts at the dollar store. The tie-dye kit was at Michaels (used my coupon). Bobbi even has a way of writing on it with elmer's glue. We'll try that next time. FUN.


No comments: