Saturday, July 18, 2009

Kid Appeciation Day at Publix


This clown, Pippi, just looked thrilled to be making balloon characters for my kids. He didn't say much and didn't even really smile (which I loved). I told him he was a sad clown. He then started talking to me. He is from Cuba and in 1949 was a clown for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey Circus! We met a REAL clown, Pippi. Charlie told him he had nice hair. Besides meeting Pippi, Publix gave the kids free lunch. Hotdogs, chips and a soda. FREE. The lady actually said they were frankfurts. She was from New York, of course. No outside bench so we made due with the shopping carts. Pippi and frankfurts, what more could you ask for?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I dont know what is more funny the clown or your write up!!! OK truly LOL :D

Jill said...

how fun! I didn't know there was such a day at Publix! we just had free breakfast at Ikea - free!