Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Celebrate!!!

The kids and I were talking about Disney World and just how spectacular it is. The lights are amazing and the grounds are gorgeous. They pay attention to every detail making sure that Christmas is the theme around this time of year. I said wouldn't it be nice if that was all a birthday party for Jesus. How wonderful that would be. If everyone was there to celebrate the birth of our wonderful Saviour. Then we started discussing how it is easy for people to believe in Santa but they don't believe in Jesus. Just believe, FAITH. I know people have hang ups on the commercialism of Christmas (and I do to a certain extent, we live in a ungodly world, what do you expect?) but it is an opportunity in disguise to share our faith to those who have none. The gift of HOPE!!! What a gift that is to a world who functions day in and day out with no hope. To see the light when it is so dark. I can't think of a better way to celebrate Jesus than to share the most precious gift of all.....salvation through Christ. I want my children to remember that they already have the best gift of all, Jesus. Nothing even compares to His radiance, love, power and glory. His love forgives, forgets and heals. He is the way to true life, true happiness, true blessings....."that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

1 comment:

Brenda @ Tie That Binds Us said...

Beautiful! I read this post first thing this morning and it has made my day already!!
Who's snooping now? he he.