Monday, December 8, 2008

Believe....

Well, since this blog is really for my kids, I need to talk about their Motorcycle Pappa. I miss him, we miss him, especially around the holidays. This was his favorite time of year. He loved to decorate the Christmas tree with anything and everything that could be found. One year he even put my gifts in the tree. He would keep cards in the kitchen drawer so that if anyone came over he could give them a gift. We would eat whatever sweets we could find and yes, he loved minced meat pie, yuck! I can still picture him rolling his hands together and saying, I know what I'm getting the kids! He loved to think of something that was just plain 'ol exciting. I could never give any suggestions. Nothing that they needed but just fun. The last year he was here he drove in on a little Hummer for the little ones. Definately what they didn't need but it was fun! He loved the music, old christmas tunes. Probably because he knew the words and in old music they hold the notes longer. Anyways, the last Christmas he was here, I remember eating with him and the radio was on. Frank Sinatra's jingle bell song came on and my Dad started singing like he was on a stage, real animated. I laughed and said, whenever I hear this "old" music I think of you. He laughed because he knew I was right. Now, I can't help but think of my sweet Dad. This Christmas is harder than the last. Don't know why. I just think it is taking alot longer to get used to the idea he's not coming home. Well, that is to my home. He is home.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what an awesome man, your Dad.

Jill said...

I think of you and your dad, and pray for you. I know it is still really hard and even more so with all the holidays. love you girl!