How much time do I have, Little One?
I met you just today….what excitement and what pleasure.
This little outfit that you wear will become a special treasure.
I don't know what you've endured in your short little life,
Or what haunting memories flood your mind when you close your eyes at night.
But let me assure you, Little One, you are completely loved and adored.
You will learn to trust and feel secure each day, more and more.
"How long will you stay with me?", I ponder as I rock you.
I haven't known you long, but I feel I can't live without you.
How long will I kiss your tear-filled eyes and scraped-up little knees?
Each boo-boo gives me a purpose because mommy is who you need.
I hate to say good-bye to you when you leave for weekly visits,
But I pack your bag with love, give you kisses, and pray for you every minute.
I know that this all confuses you, It doesn't seem to make a bit of sense.
But know I am ready to hold you in my arms when you are on the defense.
I love you, oh so much, more than words could ever say.
Time passes much too quickly, and decisions about your future must be made.
How much time do I have, Little One? I really do not know.
But I am thankful for the time we are given and oh, I love you so.
Written by a foster mom, Andrea Chambers
______________________________________________
I never dreamed, knew, anticipated how emotionally rough being a foster parent could be. However, I never dreamed, knew, anticipated how blessed we would be. He brings so much joy in our home and yet, at any given moment I could cry thinking of him not being here. The future is unknown to us, praise God He knows all things. We will trust in His greater plan, whatever that may hold. Please pray for courage and strength for our family as we continue loving our little guy each day. We can't imagine him leaving. My mamma heart is wrapped so tightly around his heart. Thank you Lord for allowing us this gift.
1 comment:
Ahh. I have been on that roller coaster. The ebb and flow of decisions through the courts, each time releasing my desires to the Lord and trusting in Him. You are right, He knows. Praying for you and peanut.
-Tracie :)
Post a Comment