Our annual aquarium field trip. This is our big baby. Our friends were able to meet her for the first time and baby was smitten with Jill.
Thanks for a wonderful morning. Being with friends is such a sweet reminder of precious friendships, encouragement and building sweet memories……..
And info on a court date. I don't think anyone really wants a court date, do you?
*Foster update…..just got back from court. Baby will be reunited with mom in about three months. Mom got way more visits that I would have given her, but who am I to chime in. I did get to meet her (mom) this morning. The one thing that seems to bother me a little is the lack of contact they make with me. I try to make it very, very comfortable with baby and mom. I do not interfere, I make sure I acknowledge that this baby is your baby not mine, kinda thing. I am just here to help. That's all. Foster parents go unnoticed in the court room. We have no say, at least I don't. I know some foster parents speak up, but I don't know how they do. I guess I am still learning. The bio parents make it seem that we (foster parents) are part of the verdict that they are given. That some way we are also the ones to be blamed that their babies were taken from them. There is no sign of "thank you", thank you for keeping my baby while I get help. Not that I am even looking for thank you. I just hate the feeling they give you. It is such a strange feeling leaving there and coming home so disconnected, yet we are very connected because we have their baby 24/7, months at a time. That part makes me sad. Very sad. Guess it is hard to explain. It is not even though we want to be friends with these people, we just want to assist, help in any way shape or form on behalf of their child. Every time I leave the court room, I tell myself that I don't know if I can keep doing this. I have my precious kids at home, while I am sitting with another child, whose real parents act like I don't exist, the judge gives a tender slap on the bio parent's wrist and then I go home, with their baby, while mom is still complaining. Yes, we signed up for this! I feel like saying, "Alright, if I were the judge, you'd really be complaining. Be quiet, go and do what needs to be done and by golly, start being thankful. Your kids are being cared for by us and other foster parents while the state is making it possible for you to get help. Now, stop blaming everybody else and take responsibility for you and your kids." I wouldn't really say all that but that is what I am thinking…..not to mention, I sat in juvenile court for awhile until I realized they told me that I was sitting in the wrong court room. Wow, what an observation lesson that was! That is another post all in itself!!!!
While we have any child in our home, whether we agree with what is going on or not, we will love, love, love them and pray for them and meet their needs. Once again, it is surrendering it all to the Lord. It will never make sense, ever, ever, ever, but it is an opportunity to give it to the Lord, trust in His mighty hand. One of the BEST things about fostering is learning to trust God. Will this ever make sense? No. Learning to serve Him by serving these children, even though it makes your heart sad. Really sad. I feel like I can't do this anymore, that it hurts too bad when you have to give them up. But who am I to not trust the Lord with our hearts? Who am I to not willingly serve these kids because we are afraid of getting hurt? We are called to serve. I have to remind myself this over and over again. God is in charge. He will comfort, He will heal, He will show Himself mighty in strength. Rough day. The ups and downs in foster care……..


1 comment:
I think you all are amazing because of what you are doing!!! We are inspired to do more because of your family! You are right, God has called us to serve and to love and to take care of these sweet babies and children - you may be the only "light" these families ever see! Love you guys!! We have an orientation tonight for foster care!:)
Post a Comment