Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shout Out to Modesty!

This is a shout out to all the mammas who dress modestly.  I never thought I would ever give a shout out to that!  BUT as I am a mom to an older girl and older boy, I sure do appreciate moms that think in their head, "Is this something I want my daughter to dress in (is it to make the other boys look at me?) or is this something that my son would be approving as a young man?"   One of  the biggest things for me is just looking at some moms that just plain 'ol need to put more clothes on!  Yikes.  I am not an advocate for mom jeans BUT come on!  These skinny jeans (extra tight skinny jeans) should not be on a mom.  There, I said it.  Or at least wear something over the bottom part.   Oh my.   When Bobbi looks at me and says, "I am so glad you don't dress like that", I think that says it all.   Even sitting in church, I am surprised by some of the outfits.  Just imagine what these people would wear out to who knows where on a weekend?    Granted, I have no fashion sense whatsoever.  There are certain things I think are cute and to be honest it usually is a little vintage.  So, these newer styles have me bent out of shape.  I guess I am really a mom.  There, I got out my - Please moms, take thought in what you wear.  Not for just the sake of your own kids, but also for the sake of other kids (mine).  Help me out in this please don't wear things like that because it is just not God honoring.  Respect your wonderful bodies enough to cover them up a little.  Don't let others imaginations think anything else.   So, take no offense to my post, just know I appreciate the modesty!

2 comments:

Christy said...

AMEN!!!! Preach it, sister! :) I was thinking that at church today too. Definitely know it's getting warmer outside when I start seeing outfits that make my jaw drop! Your Bobbi always looks so beautiful and modest. As someone with a younger daughter, I would LOVE to hear how you have helped her reach that standard without making her feel like she's "uncool" or "nerdy".

Tami said...

I think the biggest thing is your emphasis and influence on her. You are precious. I think you are heading off in a great direction! I did do a book with her, Secret Keeper Girl, that had some cute dates to go on with your daughter and it addresses modesty issues. Now is definately the time to start talking about so she knows you care about things like that! good seeing you today.